and Alcohol Programs
Virginia Department of Youth Services-
Institutional Learning Centers
District of Columbia Youth Services
- Study, report/recommendations
regarding the seven institutions; administration, management,
operations, staffing patterns/types, training, policy, procedures,
budget and relation to courts and local probation services.
Broward County Florida Juvenile Court
- Institutional program
management/operations-, security, policy, staffing, new program
design for alternative electronic monitoring supervision for
Mobile Alabama Juvenile Court-
- Planning, implementation of
alternatives to reduce crowding of detention center.
- Technical assistance to Advisory
- Design of Alternative Day Treatment
Boot Camp Project (Environmental)
Maryland Dept. of Juvenile Services-
- Development of proposal to U.S.
Office of Juvenile Justice for a midel boot Camp for juveniles in
conjunction with Alabama University and the Boys' and Girls' Club of
America local program. Program funded-one of 40 submitted to the
Project Crossroads Detention Alternative
Shelby County (Memphis) Tennessee-
- Grant proposal for a model project
to reduce crowding of detention facility for Baltimore City via
Governors' Juvenile Justice Advisory Board; award of federal funding
to the Boys' and Girls' Club of Maryland to operate.
- Implementation; organization,
operations, policy, procedures, staff training, site procurement
with ongoing consulting over three years.
Juvenile Hall (Detention/Courthouse)
Prince George's County Maryland
(architecture-program) of current facility and/or building of new
and with regard to varied populations served-delinquents, abused and
Project "Take Charge"
Virginia Department of Criminal Justice
- Grant proposal, funding for a model
Afro-centric, pride and self-esteem based project for youth released
to probation supervision.
- Development, implementation of
policy, procedures, operations management in relation to probation
staff, court, prosecutors and defense counsel.
Boys' and Girls' Club of Greater
- Analysis of the Division of Youth
Services as an agency of the Department of Corrections in
consideration of establishing a separate Department of Juvenile
Services; personnel, management budget, relation to local
- Legislative initiative with
judiciary, judges, state administrators.
Group Homes/Shelter Care.
The American Correctional Association -
- Management, operations, program
development of group homes of the Club under contract with the
District of Columbia Department of Human Services.
- Development of program, staffing,
training for emergency shelter care, group home alternative to
detention and an unwed mothers' group home program.
Standards and Accreditation
The Breakthrough Foundation -
- Direct service contract to develop,
coordinate applications and monitor completion of standards required
of juvenile justice institutional, probation and community based
programs to receive national accreditation.
National Youth at Risk Program-California
Boys' and Girls' Homes of Montgomery
County Maryland-Group/Shelter Care
- Program operations associated with
introduction to juvenile justice systems.
- Implementation of project model for
the District of Columbia Youth Services.
Baton Rouge Louisiana Group
- Contract with Montgomery County
Department of Family Resources.
- Analysis of management, fiscal
resources, staffing, training.
- Action plan for management of
critical issues-, referrals, retention, stabilization of finances,
program modifications and future direction.
Bowling Brook Home for Boys-Maryland
- Contract with the U.S. Dept. of
Health and Human Services for direct technical assistance regarding
management, operations, function and future of program in relation
to state juvenile justice agency, the courts and the community.
- Strategic planning with Board of
Directors, Executive Director and staff.
New Dominion Youth Center (Long term
- Assessment of existing program-,
relationship to state juvenile justice agency.
- New, expanded facility design,
program planning, staffing requirement.
- Strategic planning with Board and
Director; marketing, resource development.
Maryland and Virginia
Maryland DJJ-Prince George's County
Juvenile Court-Project "New Deal"
- Program management, policies,
personnel, budgeting, facility requirements.
- Plan for establishing new program
Virginia Department of Juvenile
- Design grant proposal, federal/state
funded intensive probation, treatment program for youth convicted of
drug dealing operated by Comprehensive Alcohol, Drug Counseling
- Coordinate and train staff of
private clinic and local probation staff.
Intensive Probation/Parole Services
Rebound, Inc.-Virginia Boot Camp
- Implementation, policy, staff
training in use of o'.,ender tracking technology.
- Monitor program, evaluate
effectiveness of application of new system.
Boseman Montana-Gallitin County
- Establish procedures, train staff
for intensive statewide aftercare services.
Youth Shelter Care Home
Boys' and Girls' Club of Maryland
- Analysis of program management,
staffing, financial status, resources.
- Strategic plan with County
Commissioners and state level administrators.
Trancare, Inc. of Baltimore Maryland-
- Establish the original
organization-, Board of Directors, community relations with United
Way, elected officials, community leaders in private industry and
- Organizational development, siting
of Flag House Courts, other federal housing projects for clubs,
staffing, training and work with the national organization.
Youth Emergency Shelter Care
U.S. Department of Health and Human
- Financial crises management
resolution, effecting sound financial practices.
- Strategic planning; business plan,
personnel policies, staffing and program.
Office of Families and Children
Maryland Sheriff's Youth Ranch
- Technical Assistance to Runaway
Youth Program for dealing with substance abusing youth in shelter,
- Grants review for the Department for
federal funding of special youth initiatives.
Boys' and Girls' Club of America-
- Develop comprehensive plan with
Board for program and use of facility, population, staffing,
financial resources, contracts, public relations.
- Analysis of budget, recapitulation
of negative income/expenses, prepare annual budget for ensuing
- Negotiate contract with Department
of Social Services-, increased daily rate.
- Juvenile justice programs
integration into services operated by local clubs.
- Resource development, financial
assistance via corporate sponsors.